Elis Pest Control service includes:
Food moths can destroy your goods and are a threat to your establishment's hygiene and image.
Elis offers several preventive or curative protection systems. Pheromone traps, which cannot be seen by your customers, are an environmentally responsible method of prevention without insecticide.
Teams of experts deal with infestations by taking curative action, spraying plant-based products in compliance with regulations.
These teams of pest control technicians undergo specific training that is legally compliant (Certibiocide).
- > Size: 2cm; colour: pale yellow to grey; lifespan: 1 to 3 weeks
- > Contaminated areas: kitchens; storage
- > Way of life: attracted by heat and by food; active at night
- > Problems: the larva attaches itself to stored products (cereals, flour, dried fruits); affect the company’s image; food is soiled and contaminated by droppings, cocoons and silk threads
- > Reproduction: 400 eggs during lifespan
More about the food moths
What's the difference with the textile moth?
The major difference between these 2 moths is their diet. The textile moth feeds on keratin and protein found in animal hair, mainly wool, fur and feathers.
The second difference is their size: they are much smaller, measuring 6 to 8 mm in length, and are creamy/beige in color.
Moths are harmless, but they leave behind excrement, corpses, webs, and cocoon remains.
This can lead to: food loss, allergic reactions
How to avoid an infestation?
Food moths can be carried by the products you buy. All it takes is a larva or cocoon inside or outside the package to cause an infestation.
To keep these pests out of your home, it's important to store dry foods in airtight containers and inspect them regularly. Contaminated food should be discarded, and containers thoroughly cleaned to remove any food residue that might attract moths.
Call on our Pest Control teams if you have a food moth infestation. Our technicians are trained in the procedures and operating methods required for effective, long-lasting desensitization against these pests, while being mindful of our environmental impact.
Un service soucieux de son impact environnemental
L’impact environnemental est au cœur de nos préoccupations ; nous basons nos interventions sur la méthode de lutte intégrée est basée sur l'adoption de techniques et de solutions innovantes plus respectueuses de l’environnement.
Cela implique un diagnostic systématique de votre établissement qui permet :
- d’adapter nos prestations à votre secteur d’activité
- d’opter pour des solutions non-toxiques en fonction du nuisible ciblé